Home is Where the Heart is.

Home is Where the Heart is.
My Home

Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Loathe , Hate, Despise and Abhor Abortion

No surprise a Conservative Catholic Mom of 8 is pro-life right.  Many who know us know that 6 of our children are adopted as is my grandson.  What many do not know is that as we await the birth of our 2nd grandson in sept he is really our 3rd grandchild. 13 years ago my very head strong eldest daughter had an abortion while attending college.  I did not think I could feel such pain.  I hurt for my daughter who took the advice of a touchy feely buffet christian woman and decided her baby was inconvenient.  I hurt for that precious baby that I will not see until the Lord comes back.  I still hurt for my now grown daughter. She has always walked her own path from toddlerhood on and seems insistent on doing things her way.  She has repented for this sin and has spent many hours in my arms crying over her mistake. You see she realized far too late that the mistake was not the baby. The mistake was in taking his or her  life.  Such a horrible hard lesson.

We have all heard it before that some children should just not be born. Certainly my 6 that were adopted would fall in that category, at least to the oh so tolerant and not the least hate filled Feminazis and Left wingnuts feel this way.

Each of my 6 younger children was born addicted to several substances. They were born to women who were so dependent on an illegal substance that they made incredibly risky life choices to fee their addictions. Statistically speaking none of these children had a chance and therefore had no real quality of life so should have been aborted.

My twin boys were born 6 weeks early weighing 3 and 3 1/2 lbs respectively. They tested positive for both hallucinogens and opiates.  Their prognosis was that they would be mentally challenged and likely institutionalized. Certainly these poor babies would have no quality of life!  They were hooked up to apnea monitors until 5months of age. Such nonsense! They were adorable, normal babies, chubby, inquisitive, on track developmentally. Clever enough that we had to bolt their toddler beds to the floor so they could not dismantle them and duct taped them in their jammies so they did not have spontaneous "nakey time" and paint the walls of their nursery with the contents of their diapers.
They can be wonderful big brothers. At 15yo they are handsome, strapping, funny, mischievous normal teen boys.  Gifted both artistically and musically.  They could play the theme song from any movie by ear on the piano at age 8.  Now they are nearing 6ft and just as I am about ready to pull my hair at something they have said or done  they make me laugh and thus get by with whatever one more time. They are good students and I have to admit ridiculously popular with teen girls.  Yes they have had NO quality of life.

Then there is our precious Molly, born to a mother who used so much heroin that Molly was then put on copious amounts of morphine as a newborn.  She lived on a daily dose of phenobarbital until she was 6 months old.  She would get so overstimulated  and screamed so long and so hard that the only thing I could do was swaddle her and put her in her bassinet in our bathroom and walk away. My GP Doc at the time is also a Priest and he insisted I do this,  that once she got this way she could not stand to be touched. It about killed me to do it, but I did.  She would only sleep up against her daddies shoulder in our King Sized bed.  That is how the 3 of us slept for her 1st 6 months.  Daddy. Molly up against his arm, apnea monitor and wires trailing from her jammies and then
 me.  Certainly this poor sick baby had no quality of life?  Today she is 14. Drop dead gorgeous inside and out. She works harder at every single thing in her life than anyone I have ever seen. Yesterday she placed 3rd in the 100 meter hurdles in a track meet that included 3 middle schools.  She is the glue in the middle of the kids.  The one every sibling  loves and has no enemies. Yup no quality of life there. 

To be continued...Steven, Susie and Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment