Home is Where the Heart is.

Home is Where the Heart is.
My Home

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jesus is Not a French Fry.

Currently my Husband  and I are in the process of seeking out a Latin Mass/Extraordinary Form/Tridentine Mass.   We have certainly seen and know of very good Priests who say a reverent Novus Ordo. However lately they are few and far between. I do not feel as if  I am a better than you  Catholic for attending a LM.  I believe the NO Mass is valid. It is  just that I am no longer content giving Jesus a HI-5, I want to give him my ALL.  I don't want to leave Mass feeling all warm and tingly because there was lots of acceptance and tolerance and hugs and smiles and cool music. I want to leave Mass knowing in my soul I had just been with the true Christ and received Him again in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.  I don't want to dance for Jesus, I want to fall on my face and thank him and praise him for loving and forgiving such a sinner.  Of course I can experience and have all of the best in a NO Mass.  However, I can no longer deny the sanctity,reverence and beauty of the Mass of the Ages. 
My heart breaks at the liturgical abuses I see in many Masses. Some large and some small. I am no Liturgical expert by any means, so if I can see them they are pretty flagrant.  There is a whole generation that does not fully understand the Mass and there are several generations that have forgotten what the Mass is and means.  I see folks saunter up to communion and stick out their unwashed hands and pop the host in their mouth as if it were a cracker at a cocktail party or peanuts in a bar or just another McDonald's french fry.
I recently heard a statement by a Muslim talking to a priest he said,." If I believed as you Catholics do, that was my Lord and Savior in that bread, I would receive it on my knees and then fall on my face."  Perhaps that man has a point!
I do not have any right or cause to judge the NO Mass when said correctly. I have no belief that I somehow got a the holy sticky note from Jesus and I have SEEN THE LIGHT!  I just am so thankful that in this day and age I can worship Him in the Mass of the Ages. That it is even still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment